Chicago Felony Charge Defense Lawyer
The Illinois criminal code contains many offenses, from nuisance crimes to homicide. The penalties range from fines and probation to lengthy sentences in the state penitentiary. A felony offense in Illinois is punishable by one or more years in jail and fines of up to $25,000. If you are charged with a crime that is designated a felony, you need serious legal help.
To speak with an experienced Illinois felony defense attorney, e-mail us or call 1-877-335-6697 today.
At John W. Callahan, Ltd., we have the skill and determination to fight for our clients. We defend clients against felony charges in Lake County, Will County and Cook County criminal courts.
Felony Penalty Information
Not all felony offenses are punished equally. There are several categories of felony, depending on the charges and your criminal history. The categories include:
- Class 4 felonies - A Class 4 felony, such as aggravated assault, is punishable by 1-3 years of incarceration.
- Class 3 felonies - A Class 3 felony, such as aggravated battery, is punishable by 2-5 years of incarceration.
- Class 2 felonies - A Class 2 felony, such as robbery, is punishable by 3-7 years of incarceration.
- Class 1 felonies - A Class 1 felony, such as criminal sexual assault, is punishable by 4-15 years of incarceration.
- Class X felonies - A Class X felony, such as aggravated criminal sexual assault, is punishable by 6-30 years of incarceration.
- When the stakes are high, we are at our best in presenting a compelling defense. We have defended countless clients in felony cases, including those facing felony drug charges, embezzlement, felony DUI and other serious charges.
Strong Defense in Difficult Cases
If you are facing felony charges, you cannot afford to plead guilty without consulting a knowledgeable attorney. The Illinois felony penalties are severe. Our attorneys can work to have the charges against you dismissed, or to have felony charges reduced to misdemeanors whenever possible. To schedule consultation at our offices in Schaumburg, Oak Brook, Naperville or Chicago, call 1-877-335-6697 or e-mail us today.