What should I do the day after an arrest for a DUI?

Posted by John Callahan | May 19, 2013 | 0 Comments

As a DUI lawyer who represents clients charged with DUI in Schaumburg and Mount Prospect, I received numerous calls this weekend from people who were arrested on DUI charges. As I was trying to think what to write today, it came to me that when people first call me they are most interested in finding out what they should do right after a DUI arrest. My answer to them is always the same. The single best thing that a person can do after being charged with a DUI is to hire a lawyer right away who can file a petition to rescind the statutory summary suspension immediately. The lawyer who understands that filing the petition to rescind gives their client a huge advantage in court is crucial. If the lawyer is not aggressive in trying to beat the summary suspension, the client will have no clue that there IS hope that the client will not lose his or her driving privileges. I always tell people who call that if they were in my family, I would file the petition to rescind immediately in court. This gives them the best chance to fight the suspension and keep their driving privileges. How often does this work? Just this past week we had one day where we are able to have three of our clients beat their suspensions. Should you wish to look at any of the successful cases we have resolved for some of our clients, feel free to contact us anytime with any questions about your DUI case.

About the Author

John Callahan

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. You may also never get a second chance to preserve your freedom if faced with criminal or DUI charges. If you are currently facing criminal charges, contact the law offices of John W. Callahan to protect you, your rights and your freedom. ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment