Chicago DUI Attorneys Challenging the Breathalyzer Test
Did you blow well over .08? Even if you did, you don't have to just plead guilty and accept your fate. We can help you fight it.
At the law offices of John W. Callahan, Ltd., we have built our careers around overcoming seemingly impossible challenges, such as strong Breathalyzer test evidence. We thrive on these challenges and take pride in our ability to find unique ways to get past them and protect your future from the consequences of a DUI/DWI charge.
To speak within minutes with an experienced lawyer who can stand up for your rights even against challenging Breathalyzer test evidence, call us at 1-877-335-6697 today. You can also e-mail our law firm.
Our Firm's Approach to Fighting Breathalyzer Test Result Evidence
In Chicago, Schaumburg and the surrounding parts of Illinois, people turn to us in drunk driving cases because we are thorough and creative in our quest to overcome Breathalyzer test evidence. As experienced lawyers, some of the things we at John W. Callahan, Ltd., look for in these cases are:
- Was the breath test machine defective? We will enlist experts to challenge the accuracy of the test when necessary.
- Are the calibration records in order? Officers are obligated to keep track of their maintenance of breath test machines.
- How long after being stopped was the Breathalyzer test administered? Blood alcohol level can change if a significant amount of time has passed.
- Did the machine take into account mouth alcohol from gum chewing, belching, blood, etc.
- Was the software on the machine set appropriately? State law has mandated that the software be on a certain setting.
We know the subpoenas that need to be issued to address these questions. Without this knowledge, it would be difficult or impossible to try to win a case with a BAC over .08. If it is important for you to try to beat your case even when you blew or submitted to a blood test resulting in .08 or more, we have the expertise to deal with these issues and quite often win the case, have the charges reduced, or have the case dismissed altogether.
These are just some of the questions we will ask in our quest to overcome the evidence presented by a Breathalyzer test. We can also address cases involving Breathalyzer refusal.
A Dishonest Police Officer = A Win for Our Client
In one DUI/DWI case, our careful examination of the evidence allowed us to discover that a police officer had changed his testimony about the test results. After this fact came out in the courtroom, the judge severely admonished the officer, stating that the officer no longer had any credibility and in other cases before that judge. Needless to say, things turned out well for our client.*
*These are past results and do not constitute a guarantee of future results.